Monday 13 September 2021

Radiotherapy Day 5

No one waiting in the waiting room today. Vicki and I arrived 20 minutes early. Very cold and frosty morning.
Helen, another new face, comes to collect me.
My name is Helen, so no excuses for forgetting it, she says with a twinkle.
She hands me the familiar sheet of paper with all the dates and times of my RT on it. There's another highlighted one which means a change of time.
Is that ok? she asks.
Of course, I say. Later on in the morning means a lie in!
The machine does its thing. This time I feel Jesus say that this is the position he died in. For me. Hands above his head. My hands tingle. He's amazing.
Helen comes back in. Helps me with my robe. And off I go.
Vicki and I chat about holidays and healing, not related, all the way to the hospital and back home again.
I'm now officially a third of the way through. Yay!

No comments: