Monday 13 September 2021

Radiotherapy Day 8

Terry took me today. My neighbour from the house I can see over the road, over the hedge.
Clean forgot that she was taking me, and Husband and I were careering out of the village when my mobile buzzed to say that Terry had arrived to take me down to RT.
Back we went, and raced into the drive. I leaped from one car to another, and off we went.
Terry had a very crafty route through Brighton, cutting out some very dull traffic lights.
Brilliant, I said. Quite a few times.
Showed her the ropes with the parking permit, and by the time I'd been in, on the table and back out again, she had barely been in the waiting room for 5 minutes.
Done already? she asked.
I was. Done already. Time goes swiftly in that room. Today Jesus gently kissed the word PEACE onto my skin.  On my wrist and on my forehead. Down my arm.
You need a reminder, he said. It's always there. Now you'll see it.
Oh, I will, Jesus. I'll make sure of that.
And we raced home again. The nifty route.
Well done, our Terry.

No comments: